Supervisor Database Search
Search for supervisors below. You can filter your search using the options and select
multiple fields by holding CTRL (Cmd on Mac) + clicking multiple options in a list.
Full NameProfessor Gerry Wilson
University College Dublin
- genetics, genomics and molecular biology
My research is centred on understanding genetic and epigenetic influences on the severity of tissue damage in rheumatoid arthritis (RA). These studies have involved using well characterised RA populations from around Europe that have both radiological damage scores (Larsen or SHS) and genome-wide genetic data. We also undertake functional studies using synovial and leucocyte cells from patients, and the CIA model.
• Identification of genetic variants associated with severity of radiological damage
• Biological roles of C5orf30 - a novel regulator of tissue damage and inflammation
• Epigenome-wide association studies of response to anti-TNF and Methotrexate
• Exome sequencing to determine genetic basis of monogenic and polygenic rheumatic diseases
Key recent references:
JAMA. 2015;313:1645-56, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:11618-23, Arthritis Rheum 2016;68:1353-1360, Ann Rheum Dis 2017;76:208-213, J Immunol 2019:202:1069-1078.