Supervisor Database Search
Search for supervisors below. You can filter your search using the options and select
multiple fields by holding CTRL (Cmd on Mac) + clicking multiple options in a list.
Full NameDr Colin Adrain
Department:Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research
Organisation:Queen's University Belfast
- genetics, genomics and molecular biology
- infectious disease and the immune system
- cell and developmental biology/regenerative medicine
- physiology and non-communicable disease
- General Practice
- Infectious diseases
Obesity / Type 2 Diaebetes / metabolic disease
Dr. Adrain encourages PhD applications from candidates from a basic science or clinical background. Work in the Adrain lab combines cellular biochemistry, cell biology, and in vivo mammalian models. Project interests include organismal and cellular metabolism; Organismal biology and pathophysiology; Inflammatory and Growth factor signaling and cancer; Proteolysis and cancer; Protein biogenesis/protein quality control and cancer; Protein trafficking in the secretory pathway.
Potential PhD projects on the horizon include:
1) Molecular regulation of growth control (epidermal growth factor, EGFR) and inflammation (Tumour Necrosis Factor).
2) Organismal and cellular regulation of metabolism.
3) Control of membrane protein biogenesis and degradation at the endoplasmic reticulum.