Supervisor Database Search
Search for supervisors below. You can filter your search using the options and select
multiple fields by holding CTRL (Cmd on Mac) + clicking multiple options in a list.
Full NameProfessor Áine Carroll
Department:Medicine and medical specialties
Organisation:University College Dublin
- neuroscience and mental health
Other Research Fields:
Integrated care; Implementation Science; Improvement science
Postgrad Medical Specialties
Other Medical Specialties:
The strategic aims and objectives of the Centre for Integrated Care and Improvement Studies are to:
1. Establish a long term, self-sustaining collaborative research program in integrated care research
2. Become a globally recognised leader in Integrated care, improvement and implementation science research
3. Build the research and education programs as well as the reputation, capacity and output of UCD
4. Examine critically the policy and practice of integrated care and whether and how this has impacted on quality-of-care, user experiences, and cost-effectiveness.
5. Develop research and specific knowledge on integrated care, within the concept of Quadruple Aim (enhanced patient experience, improved healthcare provider’s experience, cost-effectiveness, better health outcomes). The research will pay specific attention to the (future) challenges and opportunities for health care systems, inter-professional and transmural care and to specific vulnerable groups as older persons, migrants, socially excluded, etc.
6. Establish and assist in delivery of a range of collaborative training programs building towards professional development, Masters and PhD level in the area of integrated care healthcare improvement and implementation science.
In addition, the Clinical Research Centre at the NRH provides the opportunity to become involved in research into brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputee medicine and paedistric rehabilitation. We are experienced in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and mixed methods.
Biomarkers of brain injury
Osteoporosis and rehabilitation
Long term outcome post brain injury
Pain and spinal cord injury
Accidental overdose and hypoxic brain injury
Homelessness and access to rehabilitation
Long term outcome after critical care
Leadership and Integrated Care (Action research)
MDT functioning and outcome (Action research)