Supervisor Database Search
Search for supervisors below. You can filter your search using the options and select
multiple fields by holding CTRL (Cmd on Mac) + clicking multiple options in a list.
Full NameProfessor Tim Curtis
Department:Centre for Experimental Medicine
Organisation:Queen's University Belfast
- genetics, genomics and molecular biology
- cell and developmental biology/regenerative medicine
- physiology and non-communicable disease
- neuroscience and mental health
- Vascular Medicine
My research is mainly focused on the mechanisms underlying the development of diabetic retinopathy and the identification of novel therapeutic strategies for the early stage treatment of this condition. My group is also undertaking research into the basic mechanisms controlling blood flow, vascular permeability and angiogenesis in the eye which provides an important foundation for our diabetic retinopathy-related studies.
Potential PhD projects include:
- Characterisation of novel mechanisms controlling blood flow autoregulation, vasopermeability and angiogenesis in the retina
- Single-cell genomic analysis of the diabetic retina
- Development of gene therapy approaches for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy