Supervisor Database Search
Search for supervisors below. You can filter your search using the options and select
multiple fields by holding CTRL (Cmd on Mac) + clicking multiple options in a list.
Full NameProfessor Martin O'Donnell
Organisation:National University of Ireland Galway
- epidemiology/population health research
- Public Health
- Clinical Trials
- Geriatric Medicine
- Vascular Medicine
Clinical trials of interventions to reduce cardiovascular risk (focus on stroke), including dietary interventions, sleep, and atrial fibrillation screening. Antithrombotic therapy for cardiovascular prevention. Epidemiologic research of risk factors for stroke and dementia, involving large epidemiologic studies (e.g. INTERSTROKE study), to evaluate multi-trait nature of stroke aetiologies, and understand determinants of global variations. Primary health methodology research, in clinical trial design and epidemiology analytics.
1. O'Donnell MJ, Chin SL, Rangarajan S et al. Global and regional effects of potentially modifiable risk factors associated with acute stroke in 32 countries (INTERSTROKE): a case-control study. Lancet 2016;388(10046):761-75.
2. O'Donnell M, Mente A, Rangarajan S et al. Urinary sodium and potassium excretion, mortality, and cardiovascular events. N Engl J Med 2014;371(7):612-623.
1. Novel approaches to screening for atrial fibrillation in community
2. Dietary interventions to reduce cardiovascular risk (areas of measurement, risk and implication of population-level variations)
3. Cognitive impairment and dementia