ICAT Retreat 2018December 17, 2018
ICAT Fellow news (Jan 2019)January 22, 2019
Recent publications by ICAT Fellows (underlined authors)
- Barrett P, Cotter S, Ryan F, Connell J, Cronin A, Ward M, Fitzgerald R, Lynch C, Margiotta T, on behalf of the Outbreak Control Team. A national measles outbreak in Ireland linked to a single imported case, April to September, 2016. Euro Surveill. 2018 Aug;23(31). doi: 10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2018.23.31.1700655.
- Naicker SD, Cormican S, Griffin TP, Maretto S, Martin WP, Ferguson JP, Cotter D, Connaughton EP, Dennedy MC, Griffin MD. Chronic Kidney Disease Severity Is Associated With Selective Expansion of a Distinctive Intermediate Monocyte Subpopulation. Front. Immunol., 06 December 2018. doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2018.02845.
- Menez S, Hruskova Z, Scott J, Cormican S, Chen M, Salama A.D, Alasfar S, Little M.A, Safrankova H, Honsova E, Tesar V, Geetha D. Predictors of Renal Outcomes in Sclerotic Class Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody Glomerulonephritis. Am J Nephrol 2018; 48:465–471. org/10.1159/000494840.
- Campbell NK, Fitzgerald HK, Malara A, Hambly R, Sweeney C, Kiby B, Fletcher J, Dunne A. Naturally derived Heme-Oxygenase 1 inducers attenuate inflammatory responses in human dendritic cells and T cells: relevance for psoriasis treatment. Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 10287. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-28488-6.
- Iqtidar M, Sharma K, Mullaney R, Kelly E, Keevans M, Cullinane M, Kennedy H, Mohan D. Deaths in custody in the Irish prison service: 5-year retrospective study of drug toxicology and unnatural deaths. BJPsych Open. 2018 Sep; 4(5): 401–403. doi: 10.1192/bjo.2018.53.
- McAleese J, Mooney L, Walls GM, Eakin RL, Harney JA, Hanna GG. Risk of death from Pneumocystis jirovecii after curative-intent radiotherapy for lung cancer. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 2018;30(12):e81-2.
- Walls GM, Hanna GG, Qi F, Zhao S, Xia J, Ansari MT, Landau D. Predicting outcomes form radical radiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review of the existing literature. Front Oncol 2018;8:433.
- Richter MS, O’Reilly K, O’Sullivan D, O’Flynn P, Corvin A, Donohoe G, Coyle C, Davoren M, Higgins C, Byrne O, Nutley T, Nulty A, Sharma K, O’Connell P, Kennedy HG. Prospective observational cohort study of ‘treatment as usual’ over four years for patients with schizophrenia in a national forensic hospital. BMC Psychiatry 2018 18:289. org/10.1186/s12888-018-1862-0.
- Barrett P, O’Donnell K, Fitzgerald M, Schmidt AJ, Hickson F, Quinlan M, Keogh P, O’Connor L, McCartney D, Igoe D. Drug use among men who have sex with men in Ireland: Prevalence and associated factors from a national online survey. Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Dec 1; 64:5-12. doi: 10.1016/j.drugpo.2018.11.011. [Epub ahead of print]
- O’Connor L, O’Donnell K, Barrett P, Hickson FCI, McCartney D, Quinlan M, Barrasa A, Fitzgerald M, Igoe D.Use of geosocial networking applications is independently associated with diagnosis of STI among men who have sex with men testing for STIs: findings from the cross-sectional MSM Internet Survey Ireland (MISI) 2015. Sex Transm Infect. 2018 Dec 5. pii: sextrans-2018-053637. doi: 10.1136/sextrans-2018-053637. [Epub ahead of print]
- O’Donnell K, Fitzgerald M, Quinlan M, Hickson F, Keogh P, Schmidt AJ, McCartney D, Barrett P, O’Dea S, Igoe D. Inequalities in HIV testing uptake and needs among men who have sex with men living in Ireland: findings from an internet survey. HIV Med. 2018 Nov 20. doi: 10.1111/hiv.12694. [Epub ahead of print]